A membrane bioreactor (MBR) is a wastewater treatment process combining membrane filtration with biological treatment. This innovative technology offers several advantages over the conventionally activated sludge process. Among these advantages are higher biomass concentration, eliminating the needs of secondary clarifiers and improved effluent quality.
MARTIN Membrane Systems transforms sewage to clear and high quality water. The small footprint of the treatment technology enables the systems to be integrated in natural, picturesque surroundings and to treat wastewater for irrigation use.
MARTIN Membrane System has the core technology inside the MBR which consists of polypropylene plates with a polymeric membrane on each side. The membrane is welded on rigid frame. The module reduces virus and bacteria by 99.9999 %. Filter plates are continuously aerated through bubble diffusers to keep them clean. The membranes don’t need regular chemical cleaning except one or two maintenance clearings per year.
MARTIN Membrane Systems is developing compact package systems for MBR plants so that up to 1000 m³/day can be filtered in one 40-foot ISO container. The inside tanks are made of stainless steel sheets.
- Fast delivery and start-up due to the mobile concept
- German quality equipment in stainless steel housing
- Compact design
- High packing density
- Effluent with irrigation water qualities (no microorganism, no smell)
- Very good price-performance ratio
- Low maintenance and minimum operation requirement
- Minimum construction work on site and easy to relocate
MARTIN Membrane Systems offers tailor-made membrane bioreactors (MBR) to treat wastewater from different applications:
- Municipal wastewater
- Educational institutions and healthcare applications
- Hotels, labour and refugee camps, parks and military bases
- Building complexes (Offices, Shopping Centers, Small Township)
- Industrial wastewater, e.g.food and beverage applications