There is a huge demand for modern, powerful plants to treat municipal wastewater. From the degradation of carbon through to the extensive elimination of nutrients and disinfection – MARTIN Membrane Systems offer the optimum solution for all needs.
MARTIN Membrane Systems provide the ideal wastewater treatment solution in the municipal sector for:
- Cities, towns, villages
- Hotels, holiday parks
- Business parks
- Motorway service stations
- Sports and recreational facilities
Low cost of investment
- Easy installation of the membrane segments
- Little peripheral equipment since there is no need for backwashing
- Small activation volumes thanks to a high concentration of active biomass
- Space-saving design, small footprint Low operating costs
- Minimum energy demand for scouring air due to the patented sequential cleaning of the membrane surface
- Minimum consumption of chemicals for cleaning
- Minimum energy demand for filtrate extraction due to low trans-membrane pressures
- Long membrane life time thanks to gentle filtration
- No risk of blocking or clogging
- Easy maintenance
- Reliable compliance with hygiene standards thanks to the high cut-off performance of the UF membranes (37 nm, 150 kDa)
- Fully automated filtration operation
Industrial wastewater in particular often contains high concentrations of organic components. Due to the relatively high residual concentrations of dissolved
substances, physical-chemical technologies are only partly suitable for the complete treatment of such wastewaters. Since they have a high demand in chemicals and produce large quantities of surplus sludge during the precipitation processes, these technologies incur high disposal and operating costs.
Biological technologies, however, have proven to be ideal for the treatment of wastewater from different industries, though the operation of conventional secondary settling tanks often causes problems in the aeration process. MARTIN Membrane Systems combine the aerobic biological process and membrane filtration to separate the activated sludge. Membrane bioreactors (MBR) work at high biomass concentrations and retain the biomass completely.
The filtration units from MARTIN Membrane Systems are supplied as complete filtration containers ready for installation in parallel downstream of the aeration tank. Existing plants can thus be easily upgraded. The plants are designed and dimensioned individually on the basis of pilot tests with original wastewater. Special pilot plants are available for this purpose.
Complete filtration units from MARTIN Membrane Systems are used in the following industries:
- Food industry (beverages/breweries)
- Paper and pulp industry
- Chemical, cosmetics and paint industry
- Regenerative energy, renewable resources
- Washing processes (rinsing water)
- Metal, electrical and automotive industry
- Special wastewaters (landfill leachate, plane defrosting)
- After-treatment of anerobic reactors, flocculation and precipitation units